Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Helpful.

Finding your passion and making a living off it, now that's the dream.

I've been daydreaming about that for many years now. But I seem to fail to take the next step.

I get scared of failing - or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that, I stop myself from doing anything I know will be less than perfect. "I would like to do XYZ, but I won't be good at it."

Here are things I think I am passionate about:

TV/Movies/Internet videos (making them - although I am insecure with whether I am good at it)
Parenting (I like to read about it...)
Healthy living (I love reading about it, but don't exactly live it)

That being said, I have recently read on Live your legend, that one way to be successful at living off your passion is to help others. That really caught my attention.

I even used that in my job interview - and for the first time, I kind of meant it, in that context.

But here I am now, back to square one, what am I good at that I am passionate about, that I can use to help people.

I don't feel knowledgeable enough in ANYTHING to be able to be helpful to anyone. That's scary. Maybe I'm just too self-centered to see it - maybe it's true, but that's something I need to work on.

What are you passionate about - what do you do to help people around you, or online?


...

after I finished writing this, and before I hit 'publish', somebody shared with me one of those tear-jerker mother's day videos with kids telling their moms that they are 'enough' and 'beautiful' and all... they also wrote that I was a good mother. Yes, I ugly cried for a minute, but then I thought - maybe I am a good mother, yes maybe I am good at that. If only I could make money out of that! lol Again, something that all parents must feel... I could just watch my boy all day... and you thought I was adding something useful to this post, but no, I don't know where I was going with that :)


No comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Progress...

 Pregnancy Ticker

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BLBE I