Friday, July 2, 2010

28 weeks and 6 days...

Less than 12 weeks to go... wow. Things feel like they are going pretty fast, but slow at the same time - well, things tend to feel slow when you have a ginormous belly :)

I got my glucose test results - all good! Phew! However, they tested my - whatever they call the test that sees if you have anemia -  and they said that my levels were a little low... Nothing too dramatic but they suggested that I take a 'once a day' iron supplement to balance things out... pfff it's just another pill to take, I can handle that...

We bought our very first baby 'item' this week - I was cleaning up our babies r us registry in the hopes of putting it out there for friends and family to see (for now it includes everything that we need for the baby - lots of the stuff that needs to come out is stuff we plan to purchase ourselves... it would be a bit awkward to receive a breast pump from a colleague, for instance hee hee) when I noticed that one of the item was much cheaper than I remembered - it was indeed on sale - 100$ off on the travel system we had picked, and the sale was ending that same day! Quick emails were exchanged between S and I and that was it - we decided to order it! Score! :)



It's the Alano Flip It Travel System de Graco. We picked it because there were a lot of good reviews but mostly because it seemed to be the only travel system that had a 'flipable' stroller handle (where the baby can either face you or face away from you) It also seemed pretty compact and light and easy to collapse. And it was conforming to all the new security standards out there...

It was delivered in a record time - I think we ordered it and got it delivered within 2 days! I'm looking forward to testing it out but for now we're keeping it in it's box - we have no room for it yet!

This weekend we should be able to finish our big baby room reno - I will certainly share some pictures with you when it's done :)

3 comments:

Mel said...

You're definitely getting there! Glad to hear all the tests came back ok. I had the low iron thing too. Not a big deal. Congrats on your first purchase. Love the idea of the flip handle!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the big score! Plus it looks very stylish for the hip urban parents.

cinemarie said...

Thanks ladies :)

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Progress...

 Pregnancy Ticker

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BLBE I