Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Scallion-Tofu and Vegetable Stir-Fry by WW

As promised, here's the WW recipe that I prepared last week for my lunches...


Scallion-Tofu and Vegetable Stir-Fry by WW
6 points per serving, 4 servings

ingredients:
1sprays cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
1 tsp canola oil
1 pound extra firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 medium scallions, green and white parts chopped
1 medium sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
1 medium green pepper, seeded and diced
2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
1 cup cremini mushrooms or button mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 cup cooked brown rice, regular or instant, kept hot.


directions:

Coat a large nonstick skillet or Wok with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and tofu and stir-fry until tofu is browned on all sides, about 2 minutes.








Add scallions, peppers, carrots and mushrooms and stir-fry until vegetables are tender and mushrooms release juice, about 3-5 minutes. Add soy sauce and cook 1 minute more.







Serve tofu mixture over rice. Yields about 1 1/2 cups of tofu stir-fry and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.



you can't see it very well but the rice is there - on the bottom of the bowl :)


I've done this recipe often and I find that you can easily change it up by using other veggies, so long as you use the same amount of tofu, rice and oil. I often skip the cooking spray and replace the oil with sesame oil (2tsps instead of 1 if I skip the spray... a bit heavier in point but not too bad...)



Here you go - lunches for the week!! :)






3 comments:

Rice Palette said...

Greetings! Nice to see a fellow Canadian blogger :)

This recipe looks amazing! Lots of great veggies. I like the photo showing your lunches.. That is what I do as well!

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious! And even easy enough for me to make.

I like the photo of your lunches, too. It looks so healthy and organized!

cinemarie said...

Thanks Julie! It is very easy indeed I think you'll like it :) And so easy to modify, more veggies, or swap tofu for chicken breast pieces, etc. the possibilities are endless! hee hee :)

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Progress...

 Pregnancy Ticker

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BLBE I