Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On the right foot...

Today was a good day - Starting with some dried peaches and corn bran in the car (See the Toronto CN Tower in the background?:)







After a bad week, I decided yesterday to commit to make this week a good one. Yesterday, I took out my Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook
and picked a couple recipes to make right away. Talking about it with S, he was inspired and suggested I make the Brown rice pilaf and he would prep some fish to go with it.
Inspired by other recipes, I made my own wild rice recipe. Basically throwing together some veggies (zucchini, spinach, red peppers, tomatoes, celery and mushrooms) and some wild rice! I will probably have that for lunch for the rest of the week ... It's yummy!!! I did it - put some ingredients together without a recipe and it turned out good!! My first time!! :)

with some water at work...



Looked better in the pot when I was preparing it yesterday :)



I also had some kashi crackers as a snack...



For dinner we had some tilapia that S promised to prepare, and the brown rice pilaf. This was so nice and filling!!! Made me feel like I did something good for my body - gave it healthy fuel... and it wasn't that much work...




and I had some dried peaches and frozen yogurt for dessert :)




I can do this - I need to eat 'clean' this week and 'detox' from the bad food and out of control portions I've had all last week. My belly will thank me :)

3 comments:

Pradyumna said...

Nice dishes

I liked it

Sara said...

yum - that pilaf looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Your non-recipe looks delicious! I'm "rebooting" my eating, too.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Progress...

 Pregnancy Ticker

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BLBE I