Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Nice Sunday Morning... And Some Goals...

This is the translation of what I wrote on my french blog, sorry if you read that one too...

I started taking picture of everything that I eat, a bit just to try and see if it was going to help me be more 'aware' and careful of what I eat. It helped a bunch of people who write blogs that I love reading, so I thought why not try it? I've been posting the results on my french blog... I tend to start doing it on the weekend and forget to post the photos on the blog and pretty much give up until I get a boost of motivation again... like today :) Well, the good thing is I really enjoy the process, and it does most of the times keep me from over eating (thinking do I really want to go get the camera and take a picture just for this extra snack I don't really need?) I think that if I stick to it, it could become a 'second nature' thing... The taking the picture part is ok, it's the posting the pictures on my blog part that I find more time consuming and, well, I keep forgetting about it!! :)

So today I had oatmeal. I haven't had oatmeal in a while mostly because I kind of got sick of it, but also because I tend to eat in the car on the way to work to 'shorten' my morning routine and get some more sleep time: (oh, I'm not the one doing the driving, just in case you were wondering...:) So this morning, I felt like oatmeal again, I find it's really the only breakfast that keeps me feeling full until lunch time. I tend to get sick of it because I always have it with brown sugar, maple syrop and cinnamon... I think it migt be a good idea for me to give myself this 'mini-goal' for January to find a couple more oatmeal recipes I would enjoy ( I tend to be picky:) Something with pumpkin puree and spices, and something with bananas and vanilla maybe?! we shall see :)

So here's this morning Maple Syrop, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Oatmeal... (I think it's around 3 points)



And a cup of skim milk (2 points)



I was also going to have a banana, but it was too 'green' still...



My 2009 'Goals'...

  1. Be at my goal weight before my wedding (most likely in October)
  2. Exercise at least 3 times a week (I'm at once a week playing in a Coed soccer team on wednesday nights)
  3. Become more organized at home, be organized enough to be able to have guests over!
  4. Save enough money to be able to pay for the wedding without getting a loan...
  5. Save more money (we tend to buy too much stuff...)

My Goals for January

  1. Be under 150 lbs within about 2-3 weeks
  2. Start training for the c25k again (I stopped after only 2 weeks...)

That's it for now... Well, the other thing that's been in my head a lot lately is finding another job, actually probably change career all together... What I do stresses me way too much, and sometimes I wonder if it's worth it... I worry a lot about not being able to find something that will pay as much, but... that what I need to think about - what do I want to do for a living? I just don't know... I started looking up the 'second career' programs and find it pretty overwhelming... What's difficult is to make that switch while I work somewhere that's making me so stressed out and leaves me with so little time to myself that I don't function properly... that's the challenge...

oh well...

I hope I have a good weigh in tomorrow!!! Have a nice Sunday!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. i am also on Lynn's team and just read your post. If you are able to get canned pumpkin - not pumpkin pie filling, but plain canned pumpkin - you can add 2 or 3 tablespoons to your plain yogurt and it is delish. It is also tasty if you add a few chopped up almonds and some raisins.
Good luck to you.
Pam

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Progress...

 Pregnancy Ticker

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BLBE I